For some freely downloadable material, including: policies, defined processes, templates, plans, etc., you likely will want to look into the following SPAWAR material. Yes, it has a military orientation, but this material is easily tailorable to non-military projects. Very nice!
- Software Engineering Process Office (SEPO) Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego (SSC SD)
In particular, look in the left panel for the directories labeled "SSC San Diego PAL", "Process Improvement", "Project Management", etc. Each contains excellent reusable material (as does the rest of the site).
Looking for practical and pragmatic papers relating to software process improvement? Checkout CrossTalk--readership is currently > 100,000. For a free subscription to their monthly magazine, see their homepage and their website.
Please note, all of the following material is available directly from the Software Engineering Institute (SEI). The SEI or CMU own all applicable copyrights, service marks, trade marks, and anything else that applies. These links are provided only as a convenience. If you are looking for something other than what is included below, then try using the SEI's Technical Report Index
All of the following links will take you to an SEI abstract page that gives you a summary description and provides you with one or more options, such as downloading a PDF version of the file.
- CMMI for Development, Version 1.2
- Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) A, Version 1.2 Method Definition Document
- Handbook for Conducting Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) B and C Appraisals, Version 1.1 (CMU/SEI-2005-HB-005)
- Capability Maturity Model for Software, Version 1.1 (CMU/SEI-93-TR-024)
- Software Acquisition CMM (SA-CMM), Version 1.02 (CMU/SEI-99-TR-002
- CMMI-SE/SW (Integrated CMM), Version 1.0, August 2000
- Software Capability Evaluation (SCE), Version 3.0 (CMU/SEI-96-TR-002)
- Software Capability Evaluation (SCE), Version 3.0, Implementation Guide (CMU/SEI-95-TR-012)
- CMM-Based Appraisal for Internal Process Improvement (CBA-IPI) (CMU/SEI-96-TR-007)
- Software CMM Maturity Questionnaire (CMU/SEI-94-SR-007)
- Software Acquisition Process Maturity Questionnaire (CMU/SEI-97-SR-013)
|© 1998 - 2008 Abridge Technology. All rights reserved.|